Tuesday, March 20

The Best of Books, The Worst of Books

One of the best books I've ever read was Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. I loved the main character, Ender, because I felt I could relate to being the underdog and being bullied as a kid. Ender did things that I wish I could have done. He also did some things that I never would have done...which is what made the story very interesting. I loved how the story ended. It had a "trick" ending that I really didn't see coming. Great story.

Mr. Guiles
Period 3

Well, I wanted to kick off this return to blogging with a topic inspired by my visit to the library today. There's a contest going on at the San Dimas library that involves Middle School students choosing the WORST book they've ever read! I thought that was kind of fun, so I made my own blog entry to get this started.

As I understand it, they will offer prizes to everyone that enters and some sort of grand prize. See me if you're interested, but for now, I'd like to get some class involvement.

I'll give extra credit to all who give a paragraph response to the worst book you've ever read, or the BEST book you've ever read.

Here's how I want the post to look:

The worst/best book I ever read was by . In this sentence you will explain WHY it was the worst book you have ever read (or the best). Give more than "it sucked" or "it was awesome" as your answer. Explain. Give details.

Then put your first name and last initial and your period #.

Like this.

Joe S.
Per.1


Alright, writers. Get writing!

p.s. The book in the picture above is another of my favorite books, but not in the traditional story sense of books. It's a rhyming dictionary that helps me when I'm writing songs. It's helped me many a time when I was stuck looking for just the right word.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best book I have ever read, I would have to say is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I think it is the best because a character named Sirius Black escapes from a magical prison called Azkaban. He was in Azkaban because they framed him for the murder of Peter Petegrew but it turns out Peter transformed into a rat, but lost his finger so it looks like Sirius killed him.
Isaac V.
period 3

Anonymous said...

NO FAIR Mr G u stole one of my favorite books.
Like you I like Enders Game. I think it is the best book because of how rich the story/setting. Orsan Scott Card is a ver good writer. SOOOOOOOOOOOO anyone who likes bokks thhis is a very good book to read and reread.

John K.
P-3

Anonymous said...

The best book I have read to me is the Lightning thief and the rest of the series. I think it's the best book because it talks about a kid named Percy who is the son of Poseidon. Once Percy finds out he's the son of Poseidon he is told to go on a quest to get a item that was in Zeus' possesion but now blames Poseidon for his loss and now Percy has to get this lost Item before world war 4 begins.

Joben P.
Per. 3

Anonymous said...

The best book I ever read was Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket. The author described the setting, characters,etc.very well. I could not put the book down. I wanted to know what would happen next. Lemony Snicket leaves you wondering. Read the Ersatz Elevator, Mr.G. I guarantee you will like it.
Miles D.
per.3