Monday, November 20

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been home nursing a vicious cold for the last several days, so forgive me for not being there.

I had some time to think as I wandered the medicine aisles of Walmart and sat in the doctor's office I remembered that we had a day of thanks rapidly approaching, and I was so busy (and/or sick) that I hadn't thought about it.

I am thankful I have a place to live and sleep.
I am thankful for email.
I am thankful for a wonderful job teaching.
I am thankful for my beautiful, loving wife and my two amazing children.
I am thankful for those little plastic things on the ends of shoelaces.
I am thankful for this sore throat, because it helps me know that something's wrong with my body and needs to be fixed.
I am thankful for scraped knees, broken hearts, and tough situations that made me who I am today.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: